I’ve always had a list of things I’d like to do, but because the list is so long, I rarely look at it, let alone figure out what I might do next.
I’m all for letting life happen, but I also think it’s important to steer toward things as well. Without effort, I find myself watching, supporting, or participating in others’ dreams—which is great—but if I don’t also work on my own, they may never happen. With effort, I can make a few more special memories.
I figure if I list 12 ideas for the next 2 years, I’ll have a month to plan and a month to act for each one. They’re not big dreams, but I’m easily pleased, and with young children I don’t have much spare time. And I’m fine with chopping and changing as I go if necessary. So I’ve explained myself as a small dreamer who changes her mind—how hard can this be ;-)
The 12 in 2*:
- Take yoga classes.
- Buy a pair of cowboy boots.
- Learn how to play and sing a song on either guitar or piano.
- Paddle down a river.
- Be in the audience of RocKwiz.
- Take my kids on a train trip.
- Go on a weekend motorbike trip with all the gear on the bike.
- Climb Mt Kozsiuscko, Australia’s highest mountain.
- Go on a girls’ weekend away.
- Write on my laptop in a cafe with a hot chocolate.
- Have a go at snow skiing (either downhill or cross country).
- Go on a multiday High Country horse riding trek (my plan for my 40th birthday).
* In no particular order
Do you have a dream or wish list? If so, how do you approach it so you make things happen?
Please join me if you like and share what would be on your list.